Our vision at Roseburn is to develop well-rounded, confident, and responsible individuals who achieve success. We will do this by providing a welcoming, happy, safe, and supportive learning environment in which everyone has equal opportunities, and develops an enthusiasm for learning.
Our school Motto is
Dream Believe Achieve
Our Roseburn Values are
Relationships, Respect, Resilience, Responsibility & Rights
Listen to our p2 Class Leadership team sharing our Roseburn Values; for the classes, at assembly, with our wider school community on Teams, & on our website and twitter.
At Roseburn we aim for all children to
- Be independent in their learning, form their own views and opinions, and be excited about the challenges learning can bring.
- Be encouraged to develop a growth mindset through the use of resilience skills and perseverance.
- Be encouraged to have a voice, and are actively listened to.
- Know they are all important and equal.
- Value their place within, and contribute to their school, community and the wider world.
Rights Respecting at Roseburn
The four fundamental values of Children’s Rights are central to our work with children.
- Equitable and equal opportunity for all children. (Non-discrimination)
- Listening to children and guiding them to take part in decisions. (Taking children’s views into account)
- Caring for children and looking out for their wellbeing. (Life and development)
- Putting the child at the centre when we plan. (Best interests of the child)
Three main goals of education…
Article 28 – Right to an education. This must respect children’s dignity
Article 29 – Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full
Article 31 – Relax, play and take part in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities