The following websites provide official information and background on parenting and education in Scotland.
- Edinburgh Council edinburgh.gov.uk
- Parental Informationhttps://education.gov.scot/parentzone A great website for giving advice on home learning, the Scottish curriculum as well as term dates.
- Keeping Safe online. https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk Child Exploitation and Online Protection gives the latest information on the web sites you like to visit, social networking, mobiles and new technology. Find out what’s good, what’s not and what you can do about it. If you look after young people there’s an area for you too – with resources you can use in the classroom or at home. Most importantly, there’s also a place which anyone can use to report if they feel uncomfortable or worried about someone they are chatting to online.
- Childline Bullying Pages https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/
- Respect Me http://respectme.org.uk is Scotland’s anti-bullying service.
- Education Scotland https://education.gov.scot – provides information and advice for parents as well as support and resources for education in Scotland
- Assessing Children’s Progress: A Guide for Parents – Schools have been asked to share information on the National Improvement Framework and the Governments plans for assessing Children’s Progress. A leaflet from the Scottish Government, “A Guide for Parents and Carers” can be found by following the link below.