Good morning P3!
As it is a short week there are some changes with home learning this week. Everyone is going to be working on the the same theme – Water. That is very lucky for P3’s because we are learning about water experiments this term! I wonder which activities you will choose from the grid?
If you are looking for some other things to do then why not try some of these:
- Drop a single drop of food colouring into a glass of water. Don’t stir or shake. Just watch what happens. (It’s called diffusion.)
- Use a medicine/eye dropper to drop water onto a coin, one drop at a time. How many drops will the penny hold before the water spills? (The answer may surprise you!)
- Try the same water experiments as No 2 with water that has a little detergent in it. Did you notice anything different?
- Try the same thing again comparing the heads and tails sides of the coin. What happened?
- A lump of clay. Can you change its shape to make it float?
There will be no new spelling words this week but I have still posted the “Guess my ingredients” challenge so I hope lots of you will have a go at that.
Miss Fraser 🙂