Latest updates from Mrs Borrowman
Here is the link to the Roseburn Hub for Key Worker childcare. Please complete one form per child by 11.45pm on Sunday 3 January 2021.
This link to the Scottish Government website details the opening arrangements for schools in January.
Message from Natalie Borrowman headteacher and NHS Lothian
We are aware of person in the school who has tested positive for COVID-19. We understand that this is a worrying time but would like to reassure you that we are working closely with NHS Lothian Health Protection Team and following all national guidance.
A number of people are currently being contacted because they may have been in close and sustained contact with the case and will need to self isolate.They will be given appropriate guidance and advice.
An update via text and/or email will be sent to you as soon as the tracking and tracing process is complete.
If you are not contacted directly to tell you your child is a close contact, then your child should attend school as normal.
Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures are in place in line with national guidance. The school is safe and remains open.
If you have any concerns in the meantime, or if you need to book a COVID-19 test because your child has developed symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change in sense of smell or taste) please visit the NHS Inform website www.nhsinform.scot or for non-clinical advice call 0800 028 2816.
Please note that a test should only be booked if you or your child has these specifics symptoms.
Remember to stay at home if anyone in the household has symptoms of COVID-19.
Positive Covid Test: Brief Summary of School Actions
- The school contacts Health Protection Scotland (HPS) to inform them of the situation.
- The school contacts officers at City of Edinburgh council to inform them of situation.
- Advice is taken by the school, depending on individual circumstances of positive test.
- While HPS investigate the individual circumstances, the school is not permitted to contact any other parties, including staff, parents, or pupils.
- If the positive test is confirmed by HPS the school will identify ‘close contacts’ in classrooms.
- The school will inform the parents of the ‘close contacts’ and ask for their child to go home to self-isolate.
- The school will then share a message from HPS to state that all other pupils should attend school as normal.
- Staff in the school, Chair of RSPP and Ward Councillors will be advised of the situation.
Click on the images to find out more about our Right of the Week and Building Resilience focus.
Welcome to Roseburn Primary… a school where children can ‘Dream, Believe and Achieve’ their potential.
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox